The size of the mons pubis, which is the fatty area above the pubic bone, can be influenced by various factors including genetics, weight, and hormonal changes. Some people have an excess in fat in the area, which can cause insecurities.
There are ways in which you can reduce the size of the mons pubis. If you’re looking to reduce the size of the mons pubis you could first try to naturally reduce the size of the area by managing your weight and fat percentage overall, by:
· Following a healthy and balanced diet and exercising regularly to reduce overall body fat, including in the mons pubis region.
· Incorporating cardiovascular exercises like running, cycling, swimming, or aerobics, as this can aid in burning calories and reducing fat in various body areas, including the mons pubis.
· Drinking plenty of water to help support your metabolism and overall weight loss goals.
Alternatively, non-invasive as well as invasive surgical body treatments exist to reduce targeted areas of fat, such as the fat in the mons pubis area.
There are a few non-invasive body treatments that may help reduce fat in the mons pubis area. However, it’s important to note that the effectiveness of these treatments can vary from person to person, and results may not be as dramatic or well-established as with other body areas. Non-invasive body treatments that can help reduce the mons pubis include:
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments: RF skin tightening treatments use radiofrequency energy to heat and tighten the skin, stimulate collagen production, and potentially reduce fat.
- Fat freezing on the mons pubis: Fat freezing can reduce the amount of stubborn fat in a specific area such as the mons pubis using a specialist small applicator head.
- Injectables: Some injectable treatments, such as Kybella (deoxycholic acid), are FDA-approved for reducing fat under the chin. While these treatments are not specifically designed for the mons pubis area, they might have potential applications in certain cases.
- Lymphatic drainage massage: this is a non-invasive technique that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system, potentially aiding in the removal of waste and excess fluid from the body.
Non-invasive body treatments offer subtle results. For more significant results, for example after severe weight loss, surgical treatments may be more suitable. Mons pubis liposuction or “monsplasty”, is a cosmetic surgical procedure aimed at reducing excess fat, skin, or tissue from the mons pubis area. This procedure is typically performed to improve the contour and appearance of the pubic region.