Pop up sockets offer a unique way to power appliances and charge devices in the kitchen. In this blog post, we’ll go through five benefits pop up sockets provide to kitchens.
1. Qi wireless charging. Placing your mobile device on the top of the unit to charge has got to be the most convenient method of charging your phone. No cable connections, just one placement. The built- in Qi wireless charger on the lid works when the pop up socket is both down or up – and can charge more than just mobile phones. Airpods, headphones, power banks – anything that supports the Qi wireless charging standard (the most common) can charge with the pop up socket. It truly is the future of charging in the home.
2. Powering kitchen appliances. Some kitchen appliances are often kept away in storage (i.e. the cupboard) and only taken out when necessary. This may be a blender, mixer or mini pizza oven for example. Kitchen pop up sockets have a high power rating to support powering these appliances. When they need to be used, they can be taken from storage and placed on your kitchen bench – whether it’s the island or the wall facing one. Being able to quickly retract the pop up socket and plug in these devices into a central unit is a game-changer.
3. Direct USB-C fast charging. Premium pop up sockets feature high power USB-C charging up to 15w – meaning users can fast-charge devices such as mobile phones. Quickly charging devices means less waiting around. In under 1 hour, your device can be ready to take with 100% battery.
4. Elegant and stylish – an attractive piece for the kitchen. People install pop up sockets as a modern and elegant appliance that adds value to a kitchen and home in general. A motorised pop up socket with a glass top and LEDs is very cool and futuristic. Often a talking piece for guests that come over. It’s a small touch that can add a lot of value.
5. Plug and play, fast and easy to install. Pop up sockets are very simplistic to install. They are plug and play, meaning they feature a cable with a UK plug so they can connect to any power socket under the bench. The screw mechanism that secures to the bench is also very easy to attach – and can be tightened strongly using only your hand. The hole in the bench is usually the only part that requires work, but this can be easily done with a drill bit and drill. Overall, installing a pop up socket can take as little as a few minutes.
Conclusion. There are many more benefits pop up sockets bring to the home kitchen that have not been discussed in this post. It’s clear the added convenience and elegance of the products adds significant value for the long term of users in the kitchen.
Install a pop up socket and achieve convenience for a lifetime.